REVIEW: LUSH AQUA MIRABILIS (An Unexpected Treatment to Kerastosis Pilaris)

10:40 PM

Every time I watch what’s in my shower videos on YouTube I always come across lush products, and I always hear about Aqua Mirabilis – that it’s such a wonderful, effective exfoliating and moisturizing bar. And every time too, I feel like going to the lush store and actually buying it, only I never really did. Until I went to Kinokuniya on January 8th, the official release date of A Memory of Light, to purchase the book my husband was so dying to have. And because I was alone, I just was not able to resist taking a detour to Wisma where the lush store nestles. And there I was, having my very first lush purchase, and what did I buy? Surprise, surprise! 




Product: LUSH Aqua Mirabilis
Price: 20 SGD
Store: LUSH
Location: Unit # B1-13, Wisma Atria, 435 Orchard Road, Singapore 238877

Product Claims: It will let your skin experience that submerged shower massage. Its ground almond shells, blend of cocoa and almond butters are what’s going to give your skin that extraordinary treatment by stimulating your uneven bits and chafing away dead skin cells leaving your skin clear, moisturized but not greasy, soft and definitely smooth.

Judgment: I am a complete believer of what this product claims because that’s exactly what this bar amazingly did for me. I just really wish it can last longer than two weeks because I really love it!

Overall Rating: 3.5/5 hearts (due to its price and its very short life span)



I have only used it for a good one week and I have already consumed like two-thirds of it. Man! How I wish it could have been a tad bigger so that maybe it can last a little bit longer.

The first time I used it, I was surprised by how milky and a little bit sandy it was (both at the same time). Wow! I was not used to being exfoliated and moisturized at the same time and there I was having the time of my life! My first bath experience using it can be described in three syllables: Ah-Ma-Zing!

I like how it feels on my skin while I’m still inside and even outside the shower. The saleslady was not lying. It really is very moisturizing that I absolutely don’t need to put on any lotion afterwards. While in the shower, I can smell peanut butter and almonds and oh, it smells so yummy – I almost want to eat it!

The feel on my skin after taking a bath is just really great. My skin feels smooth and supple and moisturized and healthy! I also observed that in just one week of using it, my KP (Kerastosis Pilaris aka chicken skin) has unexpectedly vanished. I was like, “where did they go?” I only had it on some parts of my upper arms but after using this bar, those white bumps became utterly invisible. It is super awesome! Nobody told me that it can help treat the areas of the skin suffering from KP, but it did that to me. I’m totally repurchasing this!

The Downsides? First, let’s be honest here, it’s a little bit pricey. Second, it’s leaving some bits and brown residue on our bathroom floor tiles, which only means one thing: I have to clean the bathroom floor every day. That’s something I didn't have to do before I bought this exfoliating bar. Argh! And third, my husband said the scent it leaves on my skin actually smells (in his opinion) like candles instead of peanut butter, and I was like, “What?!!” 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Nuffnang Ads

recent posts

FOLLOW ME ON BLOGLOVIN!

Follow on Bloglovin

Subscribe