HAUL: GIFTS FROM BOBBI BROWN OLD HOLLYWOOD COLLECTION EVENT

5:36 PM

Hey everyone!


As I have mentioned in my previous entry, last Sunday (6th October), I was invited by Bobbi Brown to the exclusive preview of their Old Hollywood Collection (Holiday 2013) at Ngee Ann City. I have already blogged about the event, so make sure to check that out if you want to know what went down on that fabulous event. Well, here’s the fun part: after a little over an hour of a remarkable presentation and makeup demonstration by the amazing Sophion Loh, we (the invited attendees) each received a gift bag!


Today, I’d let you take a peek into the freebies inside my gift bag, but before proceeding to the haul, I just want to mention that I’m not certain if all of us got the same thing. I mean, I don’t know if we all got the same shades of lipsticks and/or same eye shadow colors, alright? Alright! So, let’s cut to the chase and see what Bobbi Brown generously gave us last Sunday. 

HOORAH! Are these for real? Yes, my dear!!!
As in seriously! The only items missing in this loot to create a full-face makeup are foundation and mascara. Bobbi Brown, you're the bomb! Let's start with the eye shadows. I was given three individual colors which when combined can create a stunning eye look. The first one on the list is this highlight shade called "BONE 2". It reminds me so much of "bare" eye shadow from Stila.




Next is this shimmery taupe eye shadow called "Stone 6". It's neither creamy nor highly pigmented but when applied on the skin, it gives this very subtle silver-ish/taupe-ish color that I like a whole lot! I can already imagine myself applying my eye makeup using this on my crease for a subtle definition or as a transition color. 




I wanted to like this eye shadow (Cement 20) but... I don't know! Sigh... I'm undecided with this one. My first impression was, "it's too glittery".  It's sad because I really like the color but the texture and finish are just way off my taste. I haven't used it yet on my eyes, so I'm not closing my doors to this one just yet.




OH. MY. GOSH!!! This is one of the products that I've always wanted to get from Bobbi Brown, the GEL LINER and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this in my loot. What I like about gel liners is the fact that it doesn't smudge on me. I don't know about you but whenever I use gel liners to line my eyes, they always stay in place and last me the whole day. So I thought, what more if my gel liner would be from Bobbi Brown? Yes?! I guess the beauty fairies heard my silent wish and granted my request through the event! Ohweee!




I am in love with this blush! First of all, it's matte - #yay! And second, its color is perfect when you want to have that natural looking blush. The color is like the offspring of pink and mauve - absolutely gorgeous!



I can't help but compare it to my lip glosses from Elizabeth Arden because they are very much alike! The texture, the finish, the stickiness and even the color. It's not a bad thing because I like my Elizabeth Arden lip glosses. The only advantage of this baby over my EA lippies is its size. This one from Bobbi Brown is bigger. 



Whoa! Hello there, red!!! Since April of this year, I've been hooked to red lippies which is why I kind of hoarded a few red AVON lipsticks when I went back to the Philippines in that same month. The thing is, I've stopped craving for red lippies for quite a while, so I was kinda surprised to get two bold red lippies in my gift box. 



Well, what can I expect?! Red is like the default holiday lipstick shade and seems to be the official lip color for the red carpet, so why not just enjoy the moment and simply indulge myself in these two highly pigmented and truly amazing RED lipsticks, right? After all, red lips never go out of style. *wink*



Now I'm thinking of rocking either of these two lippies on the Women's Fashion Week next week. Oh yeah, speaking of, I got invited again so expect a blogpost about it after the event. #doubleyay! Check out last year's Women's Fashion Week here. And that's it for now!
***
To my readers, what Bobbi Brown product makes your heart skip a beat? Thanks for reading and have a lovely day ahead! :)


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Nuffnang Ads

recent posts

FOLLOW ME ON BLOGLOVIN!

Follow on Bloglovin

Subscribe