Serenity Sunday (10th November 2013)

3:21 PM



Hi everyone!

What do you normally do on Sundays? Do you go out with friends or do you stay home and spend some quality time with your family? Do you go to church or you prefer solitude over fellowship?

Me? Well, it varies every week but when I was younger, Sundays would always mean going to church and participating in all the church activities, which in my case, usually would last the whole day. It’s been like that for years and I was happy with the way things were going, until I went to college. I took up BS Architecture in college and it was tough. In the first few years, I managed to still be part of all the Sunday church activities despite how demanding my course was. I thought I was doing fine – that I could keep up, but I was wrong. During my last year in college, I had to give up my active spot in church to concentrate more in my studies. And that’s where I realized that I didn’t really need to be that active in church to grow closer to God. It can happen even in my bedroom, with me just sitting quietly on the bed, hands clasped together, eyes closed. I’ve always thought that once I give up who I used to be and what I used to do in church, I’d be lost and that I would totally fail and suck as a Christian, but no. That’s not how it works. Why? Because if God is in our hearts, He will always be there with us whenever we need Him and wherever we are.

So where am I going with this? It’s just my way of introducing a new series in my blog: Serenity Sunday. With this new series, my Sunday posts will be more on realization, spiritual growth and basically anything that can help us all to put our minds and hearts at peace while drawing closer to God, which is why I want to call it Serenity Sunday.

Talking about serenity, I am well aware of the damages caused by the typhoon Yolanda and the least that we can do especially if you’re like me who is overseas at the moment, is pray for everyone’s safety. Let’s pray for our country and fellowmen who got badly affected by the storm. This is a difficult time for everyone: our countrymen suffering and we, watching the news, seeing them suffer. News about the casualties is just heartbreaking. Let’s all pray for all these to be over so that our people can start anew. And for those who lost members of their families because of this storm, let’s pray that they find peace in the midst of all these catastrophes.

Silhouette of tree at sunrise
SOURCE
Ephesians 6:18 (NIV) 
And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.
Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV) 
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  







You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. hi there! thanks you for taking time to visit and read my blog =) following your blog =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. don't mention it. :) whenever i have extra time, i search for new (mostly pinoy blogs) to follow. i hope we could keep in touch. <3

      Delete
  2. hi sis! i love this post! touches what is MOST important after all. sunday for me is rest day, family and church. tnx for the add back .. added u on instagram too. do u like animals? i posted pix of my pets -pisceanrat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm glad you loved it! <3
      i followed you back on instagram! yep, i like animals. i enjoy looking at their pics or even watching vids of them on youtube. i just can't have pets at the moment coz it's not allowed in our unit. sad. :(

      Delete
  3. This is a really lovely post. :) We definitely need prayers. We'll get through this tragedy together. <3

    kisses,
    -Kweng
    http://heyitskweng.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we definitely will get through all these... Thanks for dropping by. That means a lot to me. <3

      Delete

Nuffnang Ads

recent posts

FOLLOW ME ON BLOGLOVIN!

Follow on Bloglovin

Subscribe