THE BODY SHOP FRESH NUDE CUSHION FOUNDATION FIRST IMPRESSION DEMO & REVIEW

9:57 PM



Happy Monday, everyone! Today I want to share with you my new video on my YouTube Channel. It’s a First Impression Review of The Body Shop Fresh Nude Cushion Foundation that I got just a few weeks ago during a sale at Paya Lebar Singpost Centre. I actually even uploaded of haul video for that, which you can watch here




It’s been a while since the last time I used/tried a cushion foundation and I’m really happy that I did again. I really like this one from The Body Shop.




Shade: Fuji Peony 01
Retail Price: S$39.90
Where to Buy: At any The Body Shop Stores or from The Body Shop Website
The Sale Price: 1 for S$30 / 2 for S$50

CLAIMS FROM THE BODY SHOP’S WEBSITE:

The best of a liquid foundation in a convenient compact, the formula provides protection with SPF 25 PA++ and 24-hour moisture. Enriched with 100% organic Community Trade aloe vera, and English rose water, this fresh feeling foundation is 100% vegan with a semi-matte texture that looks so natural it might be mistaken for your own skin.

- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Non-pore clogging
- Designed with a built in mirror and pad applicator for easy on-the-go application
- Formulated with mineral pigments for lasting color
- Made with Community Trade Aloe Vera from Mexico
- Made with Community Trade Marula Oil from Namibia

MY FIRST IMPRESSIONS:

-       I have an oily-combination skin-type that is also acne-prone and sensitive, so it’s really nice that this product claims to be suitable for sensitive skin and I can attest that it did not irritate my skin even when I had it for more than 8 hours when I was testing/trying it for the first time.
-       Whether it’s true that it’s non-pore clogging or not, the mere fact that my skin didn’t have any violent reactions to it after road-testing the product for the first time is enough for me to say that my pores are pretty safe with this cushion foundation.
-       Since this is not my first time to try a cushion foundation, I didn’t see the packaging as extra ordinary, although I have to mention that I appreciate it a lot that the cap separating the applicator and cushion bed is tightly sealed, it doesn’t just open on its own unless you apply a teeny bit of force to click it and will open. I’m sorry for my very confusing explanation but please just watch the first part of my video to understand what I’m trying to say here, LOL. Another thing about the packaging is the mesh thingy over the cushion bed sponge. I didn't mention it in the video but because of this "mesh" I gotta press harder on the cushion bed to get the product. I also don't think I can flip the cushion sponge to get the most out of it again because of the "mesh cover". So yeah, I just wanna give you a heads-up on that. 


-       I can say that it’s got a decent lasting power. It’s a foundation I’d consider using if I were still an office girl, because despite not being able to blot and retouch for 6 hours from the time I first applied it, I still didn’t get super oily as compared to when I’m using a different foundation or bb cream.
-       It provides light to medium coverage and it’s good that it’s very buildable.
-       I also agree that it has a semi-matte finish and that it truly looks like my second skin. I love it!
-       And despite that SPF content, I find it surprisingly good for flash photography. 



-       I just noticed though that the product clung on the dry patches of my face but it only happened because I also set those areas with powder. What I found to be helpful in that case is to NOT set the dry areas of my face with powder when using this cushion foundation. I should only use setting powder on those areas of my face that will tend to be oily in a few hours.
-       I hardly caught any scent, so if there is any then it’s probably very subtle and negligible.
-     The only thing I don’t like too much about this product is probably its price. It’s a little bit pricey in my opinion but you really do get a very good quality cushion foundation with $40.


FINAL WORDS

If you have S$40 to spare, then this product is a MUST-TRY. I can highly recommend this to anyone who’d like to try a cushion foundation for the first time because it’s suitable for sensitive skin which for me, makes it suitable for everyone. The packaging is really nice and travel-friendly, and the coverage is very dependable which overall makes this product a very good cushion foundation.

Have you tried this cushion foundation from The Body Shop? Please share your thoughts in the comment section below. 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Nuffnang Ads

recent posts

FOLLOW ME ON BLOGLOVIN!

Follow on Bloglovin

Subscribe