THE BODY SHOP LIP & CHEEK VELVET STICK (POPPY RED) FIRST IMPRESSION REVIEW

11:01 PM


I am about to run out of my lip and cheek tint from The Face Shop and decided to check on other alternatives for that easy to apply lip and cheek product.

 
 
I came across this Lip & Cheek Velvet Stick in Poppy Red from The Body Shop when there was a sale at Paya Lebar Singpost Centre last month and so on Monday (Dec 18th) I uploaded to my channel my first impression review of this product to share with you all my thoughts about it.
 

This product retails here in Singapore for SGD 29.90 and I was fortunate to have gotten this product on sale because it’s kinda pricey in my opinion. Based on The Body Shop Singapore website, there are 4 shades to choose from namely: 20 Poppy Pink (28108), 30 Poppy Bronze (28109), 35 Poppy Coral (28110) and 40 Poppy Red (28115). When I got mine during the sale, there weren’t any other shades to choose from other than Poppy Red and since it’s on a 2 for $10 promo at that time, I just got one and didn’t think twice about the shade.   

 Here are what The Body Shop has to say about this product:

 With an exquisite velvet-soft matte finish, our transforming shade will adapt to the unique pH of your skin. These silky-smooth sticks are as bespoke as make-up gets!
- Lip and cheek colour
- Matte finish
- Decadent velvet texture
- With Community Trade marula oil


My Thoughts…
Despite the name “Poppy Red”, the product doesn’t appear that popping red on my cheeks although it does on my lips. It’s probably because it’s supposed to be a “transforming shade” – one that will adapt to the unique pH of my skin as mentioned on their website. Well it’s true that it has this decadent velvet texture that feels very nice on the lips. It’s very moisturizing and glides on easily on the lips when you apply it but I disagree that it gives off a matte finish. It’s more of a satin finish than a matte one. It layers up nicely on the lips and doesn’t feel greasy or sticky when applied on the cheeks but as for its pigmentation, I just find it okay – nothing extraordinary.
 

Now when it comes to longevity, I didn’t find this Lip & Cheek Velvet Stick a good match to my Aqua Tint from The Face Shop, which actually cost even way cheaper. While the latter can last me up until I remove it at the end of the day, the former didn’t even last long enough for me to give my final verdict when I road-tested it for the first time as shown in the video. 
 
And lastly, for its performance, I find it quite costly for its retail price of SGD 29.90. It’s not a bad product. In fact, I love how it looked and felt on my lips, but for a product that cost this much; I was really expecting something extraordinary from it and was hoping for it to be remarkably long lasting at the very least. Again, it’s not a bad product, so if you happen to come across this one on sale, it’ll be a nice product to pick and add to your lip & cheek makeup collection. 
 
***
 
P.S. I’m uploading videos on my YouTube channel everyday this month except weekends, so if you’re not yet subscribed to my channel, head on now to https://youtube.com/thelatebloomer11, hit the SUBSCRIBE button and turn on the notification bell to be updated every time I upload a new video. See you there! :)

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Thanks for the information your article brings. I see the novelty of your writing; I will share it for everyone to read together. I appreciate the amount of research you have done on Philippines Vlog. I look forward to reading many articles from you.

    ReplyDelete

Nuffnang Ads

recent posts

FOLLOW ME ON BLOGLOVIN!

Follow on Bloglovin

Subscribe