SERENITY SUNDAY: BE A BLESSING TODAY! (17-Sep-2017)

9:57 PM





Oftentimes when I pray, I pray about the things that matter to me. I pray that God will help me with this and that. I pray for happiness, for healing, for good health, for safety and protection. I pray for a lot of things. And I think it’s just normal, right? I mean, don’t we all pray for these same things? Don’t you also pray for God to continue to bless you and the people you care about? If you ask me, I pray about these things a lot everyday. I pray for what I need and what I want.

And then I realized something. I seem to often pray for my own blessings. Is that so bad? I honestly don’t think so. However, I’m missing out on one of God’s valuable lessons for me. While there’s nothing wrong about praying for my everyday needs and wants; there’s just an unparalleled level of satisfaction from giving, from being a blessing instead of the receiver of blessing.

So, this is clearly what I need to work on with myself. I need God to open my eyes more to all the opportunities where I could be a blessing to others, so that my prayers would no longer be just about blessings for myself but about turning myself into a blessing for others.

I hope you all had a wonderful Sunday and let’s all work on being a blessing to others! :) 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Nuffnang Ads

recent posts

FOLLOW ME ON BLOGLOVIN!

Follow on Bloglovin

Subscribe