Serenity Sunday: In Everything Give Thanks! (23rd February 2014)

11:15 AM

A blessed Sunday morning to you! 


Today I want to testify about the greatness of the Lord Jesus Christ. Over the past two weeks, my family, I and our close friends and relatives were all praying for my sister (the only sibling I have left) to get well. She was diagnosed with Herpes Zoster aka Shingles two weeks ago and boy was it nasty! Not only was it difficult to treat, it also caused my sister’s body and immune system to really break down, thus giving birth to other complications. The hospital bill sky-rocketed and I’m telling you, if it weren’t for God’s awesome power, I don’t know how we’re able to make it out from there. But you know what? We’re able to pay the bill through God’s mighty provision and my sister is now at home and on her way to a speedy recovery. How did it all happen? God’s miracle – which brings me now to the topic of this post: In everything, give thanks!”

It is so easy to thank the Lord when everything is going our way, right? It’s easy to be grateful when we’re blessed, when we’re healthy, when we’re doing great in our job, when we’ve reached our goals, when we’re successful, when everything’s fine. But can we still thank God when the going gets tough? Can we still say that God is good when suddenly our world is falling apart? This reminds me of Job and all the tests he went through and passed for the glory of God.
Job 2:9-10 (NIV)
His wife said to him, “Are you still holding on to your integrity? Curse God and die!”
He replied, “You are talking like a foolish woman. Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?”

Job is right. Are we only faithful and thankful to the Lord when we have a good life? How are we in the face of trials and sufferings? You know what I realized over the past couple of weeks? I realized that the situation brought me closer to God. I became more prayerful because of what happened to my sister. God also used the situation for our family to be more united and faithful to Him. I’m overseas and because of my sister’s condition, my mom called me almost everyday. I felt closer to home than ever before. Not only that, brothers and sisters in Christ extended their help like a whirlwind. God's grace is truly amazing and His awesome power is unquestionably unmatched! He showed us once more that in every day of our lives, there is something to be thankful for whether it’s a blessing or suffering. I give God my endless praise, worship and thanksgiving today and forever. Amen.

***


1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NIV)
"Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Amen...we must give thanks in all times, because even when they might be going badly...God can pull us through them into better and happier times!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Nuffnang Ads

recent posts

FOLLOW ME ON BLOGLOVIN!

Follow on Bloglovin

Subscribe