Serenity Sunday: Don’t Judge. (15th December 2013)

10:11 AM

Good morning everyone!


As of typing this, I’m still having my breakfast and pondering on God’s message for me today. Then I thought, “why not share this wonderful message with you all today?” Alrightie! I’m currently in the book of Romans (chapter 2 to be exact) and it’s about God’s righteous judgment. The first verse in the chapter which I shared on my Instagram and other social media sites says, “You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things.” This is very crucial. It is of grave importance that we take heed of the message of this verse. It is an authoritative reminder that we have no right (“NO RIGHT”) to judge others.

As I sit here and stare at the view outside my window, my mind travels back in time. I go back to those memories where I carelessly passed judgment on other people without realizing that (1) I’m not perfect and (2) I might do all those things too. And sure enough, a few years later, I did “those” things too, (which I’m not gonna elaborate here in full details)

I remember judging others because of the decisions and actions they made only to find myself doing those same things a few years later. I kept judging others when I didn’t have the right on the first place and I only stopped when I found myself in the same situations they were into, repeating what they did (only in my own version). Did you see the point? My point is, sometimes, when we can’t seem to get God’s message and we repeatedly make the same mistakes, He lets us go through something so painful, something we would not forget, just so we’d understand what He’s trying to teach us. And sometimes, it is so simple. In this case, He simply wanted me to learn this: don’t judge others. That’s just what He’s been trying to teach me all those years and had I not fallen in the same pits as those people I was judging, I wouldn’t have learned that I don’t have the right to condemn other people of their sins. If God who is blameless and righteous has not condemned me for all my sins but rather accepted me with arms opened wide when I asked for forgiveness, who am I to not do the same to others who seek of my forgiveness and simply ask that I don’t judge them for what they did?

Today, let’s evaluate ourselves. How many times have we judged others? It’s not yet too late to change. Let us come to God and ask for His forgiveness for all the times we’ve condemned others for what we think are their wrongdoings. And let’s ask Him to mold our hearts into what He’s designed it for: TO LOVE unconditionally. Instead of passing judgment on others, let’s spread love and forgiveness, and together we can build a better world to live in.

A blessed Sunday everyone!

***

Romans 8:1-2 (NIV)
"Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death."





You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. It's awful to judge others.
    Most people do that when they don't know the other person at all.
    It is kind of sad how we complain when people judge us but consciously/unconsciously we do the same.
    -Ru
    Glitter And Blush

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that verse!! People are so quick to judge each other and it's not right. We are meant to love each other and find understanding!! This was beautiful xx

    The Dainty Dolls House

    ReplyDelete

Nuffnang Ads

recent posts

FOLLOW ME ON BLOGLOVIN!

Follow on Bloglovin

Subscribe