ANNIE THE BROADWAY MUSICAL: My First Musical Broadway Experience Courtesy of TheWickeRmoss

6:00 PM

Wait! This is not a review of the Broadway Musical, ANNIE. If you’re browsing the Internet right now, looking for an in-depth review of ANNIE, sorry, you’ve clicked on the wrong page. But since you’re already here, let me help you out. This is where you need to go -->> ANNIE THE BROADWAYMUSICAL: NOW PLAYING AT MASTERCARD THEATRES MARINA BAY SANDS SINGAPORE [REVIEW& MEDIA CALL SNIPPETS] You’re welcome.

***

I’m pretty sure, I haven’t told you yet but when I was eleven, I got to be a part of a Musical. Really, huh? Hey! Before you raise your eyebrows on me, hear me out first, okay? Of course it’s not the Musical you’re thinking but it was a concert where there were lots of singing, throwing of scripts/lines, switching off and on of the lights to alter the stage settings and changing of costumes. Yes, the props, costumes, cast, etc. weren’t as grand as that of a Musical Broadway but hey, it’s one of the best childhood memories that I’d never ever forget. 






In fact, I never thought I’d get to experience something like that ever again until TheWickeRmoss stepped into my life.

She's got some good highlighter going there while I got some oil slick on mah face? Unfair. Just unfair. LOL
If you’re new to my blog, I have mentioned TheWickeRmoss (aka Charles aka FairyGodMother) quite a few times already and I’m just so blessed to have her in my life. We’re not the typical friends who get to see each other and hang out very often. In fact, it was only very recently that we’ve gotten back to keeping in touch regularly after not talking for years. Yes, years! Relax, okay? Nope, we didn’t fight or anything. We both just got very busy with work and life. But you know what’s amazing? Despite the 2+ years gap, it’s like we’re never apart when we saw each other again. Nothing changed! Oh! My bad. Of course, something changed. She became even prettier and sexier than the last time (2+ years ago) I saw her. How can life be so unfair?!! Now, she has that beautiful abs while I have my incurable flabs. No laughing, please.


Already scratching your head because you don't know where I'm going with this? Hey! Isn’t this how friends talk to each other? <<insert wide grin>> Alright, alright! What I just wanted to say is that because of Charles, TheWickeRmoss, I got the awesome chance of watching ANNIE The Broadway Musical at Mastercard Theatres Marina Bay Sands on 25th August and man was that amazingggg! To say that I freakin’ enjoyed the show is an obvious understatement. 



Not only did it bring back those precious childhood memories of myself rushing to the dressing room to change my costume for the next number, it also reminded me of how I badly wanted before to pursue Theater Arts. Memories, memories, memories…





You know what? The night prior to that day, I didn’t get any sleep at all. No exaggeration. That’s why I wasn’t sure if I would be able to last without getting sleepy during the whole show. Amazingly, I succeeded in staying awake for the whole duration of the play. That’s how amazing the show was. Every number made me very excited, anxious for their next song. Their blocking was just… argh, perfect! The way they threw lines at each other was such a marvel to watch. And ANNIE? Oh Annie! She's just sooo... INSPIRING. Her smile was contagious and her laughter was out of this world. Even if you’re at your darkest hour, hearing her laughter will bring you from darkness to light. Alright, that’s an exaggeration. Or maybe not? Haha, ‘coz that’s probably how I felt when I was watching it.




If my words matter, I guarantee that it's definitely a show for everyone 'coz everyone will learn a thing or two from it. It talks about not losing hope. Probably a cliché to some of you but hey! When you’re about to give up on whatever you’re going through, it always helps when you see something or someone that reminds you to hold on just a little longer, a little tighter until you make it, right? Sometimes, whether we admit it or not, what we only need is a reminder that.. the sun will come out tomorrow and every thing is going to be fine.

Say HELLO to my shiny face hahaha
Oh! I forgot to mention that we arrived a tad too early for the show, so we roamed around MBS first to kill time. We dropped by at Bath & Body Works and also looked at KAT VON D's makeup line in Sephora.




The Unplanned KAT VON D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick Swatches with TheWickeRmoss
And... I vlogged! Ah-huh. I vlogged that day but the video is in my mother language (again). In case you wanna take a peek though, here it is:


SKIP TO:
0:4:29 - Becca is ready to go!

0:6:37 - Introducing TheWickeRmoss
0:7:51 - At Bath & Body Works
0:8:44 - KAT VON D Swatches
0:10:52 - ANNIE (Broadway Musical)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Nuffnang Ads

recent posts

FOLLOW ME ON BLOGLOVIN!

Follow on Bloglovin

Subscribe